SCA Brewing Skills – Intermediate, designed to course builds on the concepts and skills introduced in the Foundation course. Further, the study of Brewing introduces the concept of scientifically measuring coffee extraction and explores the elements of coffee brewing.
Note: Because the course is part of intermediate modules for the Coffee Diploma. On completion, 10 credits will be awarded by SCA.
What you will learn & Gain?
- Exploration of the brewing process in terms of device usage. Brewing intermediate helps the coffee professional manipulate brew techniques to improve coffee quality.
- Exploration of the brewing process to understand extraction order and wetting.
- Essential elements of brewing and their individual influence on the final cup.
- Scientific measurement of extracted coffee strength and charting a coffee’s extraction.
- Analysis of brewed coffee and espresso and adjustments to consider in order to deliver a correctly extracted, well-balanced cup.
- Certificate of course completion from SCAI and SCA (if you opt. for 1).
- Gain insight into the education system fashioned at “Specialty Coffee of India (SCAI).
Who Should Attend?
SCA Brewing Skills Intermediate is suitable for:
- In-person classroom session (2 Days – inclusive of the practical exam).
- Module-specific lectures to explain concepts and theories about brewing skills and coffee.
- Practical activities include demonstrations and practice time allocated for brewing and achieving recommended extraction.
- Mutual sharing and feedback.
- The practical exam will assess the learner’s ability to Identify strength and extraction differences in brewed coffee; prepare brews from different devices and diagnose how to correct the recipe for a poorly brewed coffee from an automatic filter brewer.
- An online exam link will be generated, to attend the online theoretical exam by SCA. Learners will have up to 20 days to finish it.
Note: Upon 2 failed attempts students may choose to pay a re-enroll/ re-exam fee for SCA certification or opt out of the exam if they choose to. Hence, no SCA certificate will be issued. However, a certificate of completion from SCAI will be provided. Further, The course fee includes course learning material, SCA examination, and certification. You will be eligible for the SCA Intermediate Certificate once you complete the course and obtain a passing mark for the theory exam (online).
Practical learning objectives and activities prepare the learner to produce a tasty brew based on an understanding of the essential brewing elements and an analysis of their brew results. A written exam tests theoretical knowledge based on Foundation course learning objectives.
There are no reviews yet.